Abuse in relationships is one of the killers people are still taking for guaranteed as if it isn’t in existence. People die gradually as a result of the above context. Both physical, emotional, mental, and what have your death.
What is abuse in the first place?
Let us look at the definitions in the dictionary. In one way or the other so many have consciously sent someone through this journey because he/she said yes to you…
Let’s see what is abuse.
- Improper treatment or usage; application to a wrong or bad purpose; misuse; perversion.
- Physical or verbal maltreatment; injury.
- Forcing undesired sexual activity by one person on another
- An unjust, corrupt, or wrongful practice or custom; offense; crime; fault.
- Coarse, insulting speech; abusive language.
- Invective, contumely, reproach, scurrility, insult, opprobrium
- To put to a wrong use; to misapply; to use improperly; to misuse; to use for a wrong purpose or end; to pervert; as, to abuse one’s authority.
- To have sex in a perverse manner; incest, homosexuality, prostitution.
- To injure; to maltreat; to hurt; to treat with cruelty.
- To attack with coarse language; to insult; to revile.
- To deceive; to trick; to impose on.
- Maltreat, injure, revile, reproach, vilify, vituperate, asperse, traduce, malign.
So many people are victims of these, both men and female. Many have died as a result, many cried out and been vindicated and some have no voice to cry.
Most times we think that men don’t go through the abuse, men are also a victim. So many tolerate nonsense from their own wife because of one reason or the other, but because of societal beliefs that men don’t cry out, that they only groans, nobody hears about it. I hear of a woman that beats her husband, but the husband out of shame refused to tell anybody.
One time ago, I hear of a woman that orally abuses the husband because the man lost his job and the wife turned to the breadwinner of the house.
Many so-called husbands also abuse their wife, and put the woman into perpetual trauma, Pain disfigures over minor issues because you know that no one will ask you questions.
But listen, all work will be tested by fire, God will judge every living being. Even our attitude towards our spouse will also appear before the judgment throne.